I was asked a few weeks ago if I'd like to try Photobox.ie, a website that offers personalised gifts. I've actually used them in the past, I made my mother-in-law's Christmas gift there last year (a photo collage of the kids) - but I've never ordered anything other than prints from them. I received some credits and used them for money off my order.
This time, I went for a canvas and a mug. I was so impressed with the mug that I went back and bought two more for friends, and they arrived within 4 days. Unfortunately I can't show you those mugs, because they're presents, nor can I show you the canvas, because it hasn't arrived yet - but I can talk you through the offers available on Photobox at the moment and the really deadly stuff you can make. I'll update the post with a picture of the canvas print as soon as it arrives. If you'd like to see it the minute it arrives, keep an eye on my Snapchat (sharonleavy).
The last date to order for guaranteed Christmas Delivery is Saturday December 12th.
Current Offers (one code per order)
- Free Delivery on all orders over €50: IEFREEDEL (until Midnight Sunday 13th December)
- Up to 50% off 36 page photobooks: IEBOOK30 or 50 page photobooks: IEBOOK50 until Monday 14th December.
- 25% off Home Gifts (mugs, cushions, magnets, keyrings, jigsaws, etc): IEHOME25 (ends midnight Monday 14th December).
- 30% off Phone Cases: IECASE30 (ends midnight Monday 14th December).
Sometimes people can get overwhelmed by so many options so I'm going to show you how to make a photo mug, step-by-step.
1. Go to www.photobox.ie and create an account. Login, then choose the mug category from the menu at the top of the screen.
2. Choose your mug, I went for the Personalised Photo Mug. Click 'Create Photo Mug'.
3. If you want to upgrade to a mug with a coloured inside, or one with more text/theme options, you can do so here.
4. Choose a Theme. (For mine, I went with 'Love'.)
5. Upload the photographs you want to use on your mug. You can change the theme using the "designs" tab at the bottom.
6. Add photographs and text, you can see a preview in the window on the right.
It's a long running joke in this house that my husband's true love is his David Brown, and I always get him a tractor-related present at Christmas. This year I wanted something funny involving the DB so I thought the mug was the perfect opportunity! I used this photograph (a screengrab of one taken on my phone so not amazing quality tbh, but the only one I have of him with the tractor).
If you're adding text, choose the size and font BEFORE you type.
7. Type your message, double check everything in the preview.
8. When you're happy, click "order". Enter any discount codes in the box provided. I used IEHOME25 for 25% off. If the Christmas Tree is green, it's guaranteed for Christmas. If it's grey, unfortunately it's not guaranteed to arrive before the 24th December.
And that's it! Here's my finished mug:
It looks sharper in reality, I took these photographs on my phone at 5:30am - I'm pretty impressed with it considering the photo was a screengrab of one I took on my phone. I went back and ordered two more, one using text only and one using a collage graphic I found online. It's a lot easier than you might think to create someting completely unique and personal. You could use it for Grandparents, Teachers - the photo book would be a lovely idea for a Godparent or a Grandparent for Christmas. Or make a memory photo book for a friend, you could add lots of personal phrases and notes along with your pictures. You don't have to stick to photographs either - if someone's a massive fan of a particular franchise, google some graphics and use those.
I'll keep you updated on the canvas, but if you're looking for something unique and great quality, I'd definitely recommend Photobox. As I said, I was provided with some credit, but I did go back and order again and I have used the site before.