GONE IN 60 SECONDS - SHARON
- Who would you like to be stuck in a lift with? Robert de Niro. (No).
- What's your worst habit? Picking my feet. (Made even easier now with foot-peeling masks. Thanks, China!)
- Who's your biggest idol? Madonna. (Madonna?! Wasn't she in full-on Austin Powers mode when I was 17?)
- Do you prefer baths or Showers? Showers. (We didn't even have a shower at home, we had a bath).
- What's your favourite book? Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen (I'm surprised I didn't say The Bell Jar).
- Best school subject? German (This is true. I narrowly missed out on winning a school exchange to Germany. I did a project about.... food. Pretzels and wurst featured heavily.)
- First record you ever bought? New Kids on the Block. (Lies. I got that for my birthday when I was about 6. First CD I bought myself was Five's first album. Was I trying to make myself look older or more retro or what?!)
- Do you have any birthmarks? Yes, on my ankle. (And my chest).
- What's your biggest fear? Clowns, dummies, birds. (I don't like them, but I don't FEAR them).
- What's your least favourite food? Baked beans. Disgusting. (Good call, teenage me. Yuck).
- Who's your favourite actor? Vinnie Jones, Robert de Niro, Al Pacino. (More like David Boreanaz, Ryan Phillippe & Freddie Prinze Jr., you big LIAR!)
- What's your favourite TV programme? Friends. (Yup).
- Have you ever broken any bones? Yeah, ankle, finger, tooth. (I've never broken my finger. I had an obsession with thinking broken bones were cool so I used to pretend I broke things. I really DID break my ankle & tooth though. Not so cool then...)
- What's the most expensive thing you own? My CDs. (I had over three hundred :D)
- Are you a spender or a saver? A big spender. (Still true, unfortunately. Allergic to money).
- Can you keep a secret? Depends on the secret. (I'm saying nothing).
- Who would you be on Stars in Their Eyes? Nelly Furtado. (I was a bit obsessed with Stars in Their Eyes, this question was on the last interview with myself too...).
- Where's home? Leitrim, Ireland. (That may explain a lot. I'm JOKING. Leitrim is grand).
- Are you clumsy? Extremely clumsy. (This has gotten worse with age. I can't leave the house without a stain-hiding scarf. I'm stained right now. I stained my Wedding Dress).
- Are you superstitious? Sometimes - I bless myself when I see a magpie. (I would have thought that I'd have relished the notion of sorrow on the way, tbh....)
- Favourite colour? Black. (Well, DUH).
- Favourite crisps? Buffalo Hunky Dorys. (I overdosed on them, can't stomach them now at all).
- Country you'd most like to visit? Australia. (Kinda went off that idea when half the neighbours moved out there).
- What starsign are you? Gemini/Cancer Cusp. (I think I'm just Gemini now, they changed it didn't they?!)
- Favourite cartoon? The Simpsons (I haven't seen The Simpsons in YEARS).
- Would you ever pose nude for Playboy? No way, never. (As if they'd ask, like. Jesus).
- How old would you like to be when you're married? 30. (I got married 8 months before I turned 30!)
- Who would you go to a fancy dress party as? Britney Spears (Sorry Britney, you've been usurped by Conchita Wurst. Always Conchita).
- Do you know any magic tricks? Not that I know of. (And if I did, I wouldn't tell you. Because they're magic).
- Worst film you've ever seen? You've Got Mail. Rubbish. (I watched that at a sleepover and totally ruined it for everyone else, sat on the couch in my Goth clothes rolling my eyes and skitting at it. I was a joy, wasn't I? I do still think it's shite, mind.)
- Who would you like to do a duet with? Robbie Williams. (I loved Robbie because my friend at college loved Robbie).
- Favourite pizza topping? Pepperoni & Pineapple. (Nooo!! No pineapple. Chorizo all the way).
- Who do you fancy? Robbie Williams, David Boreanaz, Jude Law. (I don't EVER remember thinking Jude Law was fanciable).
- Jim Carrey - Funny or Irritating? Very irritating. (Well, allll-righty then).
- Love is.... Non-Existent. (Goth teenagers. Right there).
- Eastenders or Corrie? Eastenders (Haven't watched that in months).
- Pants or Thong? Depends on the occasion! (What occasion? You big eejit. Always pants).
This post also contained my signature and the date - 27/12/00. Two days after Christmas and I had nothing to do but interview myself. Maybe I got notebooks for Christmas?!
My signature came at a time when I thought Sharon wasn't just enough, and was flirting with the idea of spelling it Sharryn. Yeah. That didn't really catch on.....
Also, can we take a second to appreciate the cover of my diary. A picture of Robbie Williams, one of Eminem, a Pokemon Pog, and.......a cut out logo from The Evening Herald. And yes, those are hundreds of tiny little pictures of Robert de Niro poking out of it.